Monday 28 March 2011

It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion...

Oh, Dune.

Anyway: this post is going to be all about my T.G. build. I will be presenting my deck list, then giving reasons for certain card choices and, of course, a summary of how it's played. If you wish to play against this deck, leave a comment below and I will get back to you.

Monsters [18]
[3] T.G. Cyber Magician
[3] T.G. Striker
[3] T.G. Rush Rhino
[3] T.G. Werewolf
[2] Card Trooper
[2] Junk Synchron
[1] Doppelwarrior
[1] Sangan

Spells [13]
[2] The Warrior Returning Alive
[1] Reinforcement of the Army
[1] Book of Moon
[2] Miracle Synchro Fusion
[2] MST
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Giant Trunade
[1] Monster Reborn
[2] Pot of Avarice

Traps [9]
[2] TG1-EM1
[3] Reinforce Truth
[2] Solemn Warning
[1] Solemn Judgement
[1] Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck [15]
[2] Supreme Arcanite Magician
[1] Formula Synchron
[2] T.G. Wonder Magician
[1] T.G. Gladiator
[2] T.G. Hyper Librarian
[1] Brionac
[1] Black Rose Dragon
[1] Stardust Dragon
[1] Scrap Dragon
[1] Trishula
[1] Shooting Star Dragon
[1] Shooting Quasar Dragon

This was the build I used in a quick duel with Valafar earlier. There's actually quite a few things that I'd change, even from this build: for one, Kinka-Byo, which is great for Formula Synchro summons. Probably drop the Card Troopers, since they were experimental anyway. Maybe a Glow-up Bulb as well... probably over Sangan.

Serious note: anyone who thinks T.G. are akin to Karakuri in their Synchro spam will lose with T.G. cards. They are... well, I explained it in the term "pseudo-Gadgets". Which is a fitting comparison, for they are: they retain advantage and maximise it. Take, for example, my inclusion of Miracle Synchro Fusion and Supreme Arcanite Magician; very easy to summon (T.G. Cyber Magician + T.G. Wonder Magician), and it'll never really cost you advantage.

For if you set Miracle Synchro Fusion and your opponent detonates it with, say, MST, it's a +1 for you. -1 from the Spell card's destruction, +1 from the draw and you -1 your opponent because they just used MST. If you bring out Supreme Arcanite Magician, he just either kicks back with his 3400ATK, blows up one of your opponent's cards or lets you draw.

TG1-EM1 is my favourite of the T.G. support. It, basically, amounts to a +0 with some handy side-effects. Basically, you nick your opponent's monster and give them one of your T.G. monsters. Then, you destroy the T.G. monster up with your shiny new monster, and in the End Phase, search out a T.G. monster of your choice. It's very potent: in my testings, I've often grabbed boss monsters from my opponent and trolled them with it.

Shooting Quasar Dragon is obvious. You can conceivably form it quite easily and with decent advantage: Formula Synchron + T.G. Hyper Librarian + T.G. Hyper Librarian. And getting an awesome boss monster is just icing on the cake.

As for plays... I dunno, I think I'd need to demonstrate them in duels, since I'm notoriously bad at remembering stuff like that. That's all for now, expect an update in the near future!

~AA

4 comments:

  1. I hope I used the "Magic Fix It Button" on the right post. =P

    You'll need to redo the formatting though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That TG1-EM1 is scary. Now I see why some OCG players are maining and siding decrees. I like the idea of MSF, it caught me by surprise and by that point I had no viable counters left.

    The button's real name is the "Remove Formatting" button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to look out for that button.

    Miracle Synchro Fusion is cool now and even if you had foreseen it, there's no way to get it off the field without wasting resources.

    ReplyDelete