Friday 25 March 2011

Hyperion Angels

"Master Hyperion"
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I wish to apologize if my previous post was not up to scratch. I will refrain from making such posts again. Moving on, today I want to talk about Hyperion Angels, a deck that has seen a lot of play in the OCG. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the deck, it is essentially a hyper aggressive Fairy deck that uses RFP as an engine.

Main Deck Layout
Essentially, what I have done is taken a generic OCG build and made alterations in order for it to be more TCG friendly. As you can see, I favor The Sanctuary in the Sky in this Hyperion build. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the effects of the new cards, I have provided links below.
Master Hyperion
The Agent of Mystery - Earth
The Agent of Wonder - Jupiter (alt. The Agent of Miracles - Jupiter)
Treasure of Heaven (alt. Cards from the Sky)
Solemn Punishment (alt. Divine Punishment)
As you can see, the deck is very powerful. It's very aggressive and takes little time to set up.

My main reason for going with TSitS is to gain access to Divine Punishment. It also allows Earth and Hyperion to gain additional effects, which is always nice. I also oppose the idea of maining Herald of Orange Light. HoOL is a typically OCG meta card and will not be effective in the TCG.

I dropped the Venus count to 2 and boosted the Jupiter count to 2. It balances out better that way, at least that's the theory. I still like 3 copies of Mystical Shine Ball. It creates non-tuners for Earth and feeds Master Hyperion. It's a plus one either way. Any dead copies can always be discarded for the cost of Treasure of Heaven.

I main Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute. With Honest limited, I think it's necessary to do so. I'm not using Decree or Trap Stun because I am maining Solemn Punishment. As an Infernity player, I always get giddy at the idea of maining six Solemns.

The extra deck is very spacious, and is only maining Ancient Sacred Wyvern and Avenging Knight Parshath in addition to the typical synchros, so I didn't bother posting it.

I will be testing this build starting from Monday, and I will post the results as I go along.

A few other things I may test:

  • Burial from a Different Dimension
  • Non-Sanctuary builds
  • Royal Decree
  • Three copies of Venus
  • The White Elephant's Gift
  • Trade-In
  • Pot of Avarice
  • Effect Veiler
  • Cyber Dragon
For those of you who prefer the old layout, here it is.

Monsters [18]
[3] Master Hyperion
[3] The Agent of Mystery - Earth
[2] The Agent of Wonder - Jupiter
[2] The Agent of Creation - Venus
[2] Archlord Kristya
[1] Honest
[2] Zeradias, Herald of Heaven
[3] Mystical Shine Ball

Spells [13]
[3] Pot of Duality
[3] Treasure of Heaven
[2] The Sanctuary in the Sky
[2] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Giant Trunade

Traps [9]
[3] Solemn Punishment
[2] Solemn Warning
[1] Solemn Judgment
[1] Mirror Force
[1] Torrential Tribute
[1] Return from the Different Dimension

That's all for this post. Let me know what you think in the comments section below.

~Valafar123

5 comments:

  1. Beat me to it, you so-and-so.

    I would advocate no Sanctuary, but Sanctuary is good against Gravekeeper's, who stop Hyperion's effect. So...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Allan Assiduity: Ha ha, you is seeing the logic behind my TCG adapted build. Do you want to test against it some time soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i prefer playing counter-fairies, maining Solemn Punishment and Revelation (from EXVC)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be fine for a test whenever.

    Don't forget the endless fun that is Jupiter + Hyperion. Everyone likes summoning whatever they like for what is essentially free (and, indeed, a +1).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been tinkering with OCG builds They're pretty good, though I don't think the TCG meta would tolerate them. Royal Tribute is a massive problem.

    ReplyDelete