Thursday 21 April 2011

LIGHT/Hero Beat

"Elemental Hero The Shining"
With its recent success at YCS Anaheim, I thought I'd reassemble my old OCG LIGHT/Hero Beat deck. I decided to pay little attention to other's people's lists and thought it would be more enjoyable to simply update my old list. Of course, I had the sense to update for the meta. Rogue decks with Necrovalley pose a threat, but aside from those, this deck has an answer to most decks in the metagame.

Here's what I came up with.


Unlike other versions I've seen, I decided to keep my monster count low, very low. This has allowed me to run a lot more back row, making the deck run a lot more smoothly and making the deck a lot more defensive and difficult to play against.

I'm not running E - Emergency Call whatsoever. It's useless late game, especially if Future Fusion was used. It also caused me to have too many monsters in hand. Pot of Duality and the single RotA do the job just fine. It also makes me less weak to my own and my opponent's Rai-Ohs, which is nice.

Like in most of my Anti-Meta decks, I'm maxed out on Dimensional Prison. It means I don't need to waste resources defending myself and it makes my back row harder to disrupt with MST. It's by no means necessary, simply a personal preference.

I'm maining Super Polymerization in twos now. With Oppression and Warning running rampant and the plethora of monsters I can summon with it, I felt it was necessary to main it. It's highly effective against Gladiator Beasts and most other decks for that matter.

I decided to stick with Cyber Dragon. It makes my opponent waste Warnings/BTH and forces Royal Oppression activations prematurely. It's also good against the Machina match up, which is nice.

I have yet to use Draco-Equiste. I am waiting for the day it causes tears at a failed Scrap Dragon or Stardust Dragon.

Absolute Zero is in threes because of my side deck. I side Snowman Eaters and Penguin Soldiers, so it seemed like a good idea to max out in case that I may need all three.

Neos Knight is fun against Samurais. Who would of thought that there would be a practical use for Alius' effect. Like Draco-Equiste, I have yet to use it.

The Shining is mandatory in threes. I've used all three far to often not to max out on it. You all know why it's good.

With the release of Vision Hero Adoration, I no longer need Great Tornado in duplicates. Sure, you can't Miracle Fusion it to the field, but you can make opposing LIGHT/Hero Beat players cry and you can Future Fusion it to the field if need be.

I love Vision Hero Trinity. It replaced Cyber Twin Dragon in my Extra Deck. It's a great way to turn the tide of a game if Future Fusion isn't stopped. Who doesn't want 5000 ATK that can attack thrice?


That's it for my mumbling about LIGHT/Hero Beat. Tell me what you think. I'm open to suggestions.

For those of you who like the old lay out, here it is.

Monsters [10]
[2] Cyber Dragon
[3] Elemental Hero Neos Alius
[1] Elemental Hero Stratos
[1] Honest
[3] Thunder King Rai-Oh

Spells [17]
[1] Book of Moon
[1] Dark Hole
[1] Future Fusion
[3] Gemini Spark
[3] Miracle Fusion
[1] Monster Reborn
[2] Mystical Space Tyhpoon
[2] Pot of Duality
[1] Reinforcement of the Army
[2] Super Polymerization

Traps [13]
[3] Dimensional Prison
[2] Bottomless Trap Hole
[2] Hero Blast
[1] Mirror Force
[1] Royal Oppression
[1] Solemn Judgment
[2] Solemn Warning
[1] Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck [15]
[2] Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
[1] Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste
[3] Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
[1] Elemental Hero Gaia
[1] Elemental Hero Great Tornado
[1] Elemental Hero Neos Knight
[1] Elemental Hero Nova Master
[3] Elemental Hero The Shining
[1] Vision Hero Adoration
[1] Vision Hero Trinity
I hope you all enjoyed this post. Please leave a comment.

~Valafar123

No comments:

Post a Comment