Saturday 2 July 2011

Deck Analysis: Stitch's Worms

Hello there fellow members of the Yu-Gi-Oh! blogosphere. Today I shall be presenting you with a request from Stitch. I shall be analyzing his Worm deck. I hope you all enjoy enjoy this segment. ^^

Stitch's Blog: http://troll-face-of-judgement.blogspot.com/

Monsters [19]
[1] Worm King
[2] Worm Cartaros
[3] Worm Xex
[3] Worm Yagan
[1] Evil Dragon Ananta
[1] Honest
[2] Caius The Shadow Monarch
[2] Genex Ally Birdman
[2] Spirit Reaper
[2] Chaos Sorcerer

Spells [8]
[1] Swords of Revealing Light
[1] Stumbling
[1] Monster Reborn
[1] Dark Hole
[2] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Giant Trunade
[1] Book of Moon

Traps [13]
[3] W Nebula Meteorite
[2] Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
[2] Bottomless Trap Hole
[1] Torrential Tribute
[1] Trap Dustshoot
[1] Mind Crush
[2] Chain Disappearance
[1] Solemn Judgment

From what I know, Worm decks are very control based, utilizing WNM as their main source of advantage. It's fairly clear that Stitch has stayed true to this, but I can't help but feel that their are a few things that need work.

But to start with, I'll say what I think was done well. Firstly, Shi En is in check. There are 9 monsters in the main that can kill it without any assistance, which is fantastic. In fact, Synchros in general are kept well in check, which is always a good thing.

Plants are also kept in order with the addition of Chain Disappearance. I don't often see this in main, mostly due to its scarceness. CD is great, it hits Spore, it hits Glow-Up Bulb, it hits Debris Dragon, it hits Dandy and Doppel, pretty much everything barring Tengu. This is pretty good considering Stitch doesn't have access to Solemn Warning, so cookie for finding a solution to plants. Of course, it also damages a lot of other decks like Sams and Monarchs, which is an added bonus.

Next up, he ha great cycling power. Birdman and WNM recycle effects, meaning he should have a lot of staying power once he roots himself onto the field and unleashes his hoard of sticky reptiles.

Now I'll talk about what I think his deck would benefit from.

Firstly, there's no Mirror Force in the main. I don't know if this is intentional or an error, but MF hasn't had its staple status in doubt since September 2009 during the reign of Lightsworn.

Secondly, he's running reptiles, he should be maining at least 2 Offerings to the Snake deity. There's a reason its cousin got semi limited, this sort of card is simply fantastic. It's a 2-for-2 that has the potential to become a 2-for-3, allowing for massive field clearing and advantage generating plays. Unlike its cousin, it isn't a cost. This means that the monster wont be destroyed if OttSD is negated, meaning you never have to fear advantage loss. It also lets you dodge removal like BTH, meaning you wont lose fuel for Sorc or Ananta.

Next, I think he really should be maining Seven Tools of the Bandit. Whilst OttSD deals with most cards, it can't deal with Solemns or even opposing STotBs. STotB lets you make plays safely and efficiently, which is always a good thing. Only 1 or 2 copies would be needed because of OttSD, but it is needed nonetheless because he lacks themed negation.

Whilst Scrap-Iron Scarecrow may have good synergy with WNM, it doesn't actually kill the threat. This could be detrimental in the long run since that monster that wasn't killed is still Synchro material or fodder for other plays. Whilst SIM is a great sponge for MST, I still feel Dimensional Prison would outclass it, especially considering how low on resources the opponent will be after being battered by OttSD and Reaper.

That's it for this deck analysis. I hope that my comments have been helpful and that you all enjoyed this post. I am still taking requests, so if you want me to look over your deck, just leave a comment below.

On another note, Stitch's worms have inspired me to pick up Aliens again, so I may make a post about them after I make a post about Gearano-Synchro. Don't forget to rate and leave comments. :)

~Valafar123

4 comments:

  1. Could you help me analyse my deck? I'll put down my deck list here.


    Monster [23]
    [3] Machina Gearframe
    [3] Machina Fortress
    [1] Machina Cannon
    [3] Karakuri Soldier 236
    [2] Karakuri Ninja 919
    [2] Karakuri Strategist 248
    [2] Karakuri Komachi 224
    [1] Karakuri Guard 313
    [2] Gear-Gearano
    [2] Grow Up Bulb
    [2] Effect Veiler

    Magic [9]
    [1] Monster Reborn
    [1] Limiter Removal
    [1] Giant Trunade
    [1] Book of Moon
    [1] Foolish Burial
    [2] Pot of Avarice
    [1] One for One
    [1] De-Synchro

    Trap [8]
    [1] Mirror Force
    [1] Solemn Judgement
    [2] Solemn Warning
    [1] Trap Dustshoot
    [2] Trap Stun
    [1]Starlight Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Very nice post and helped a lot. I like the way you use constructive criticism but you're not bashing and just telling me how you would do it and saying I'm wrong like many people would do. Lol.

    Again, very nice post xD

    Thank you for helping me with my deck. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zane: I'll get to it at some point next week.

    @Stitch: Thanks, I like to put the extra effort into things. :)

    ReplyDelete